- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:59 pm Charles Spurgeon's "Morning & Evening" 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 36
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:55 pm Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook" 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 35
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:52 pm Daily Disciples 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 23
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 pm Wayside Chapel Daily Devotional 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 31
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:34 pm Morning And Evening With A.W. Tozer 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 30
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 pm Morning And Evening With A.W. Tozer 30THG View the latest post Replies 1 Views 3
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:26 pm England Risks COVID-19 Resurgence By Ending Lockdown Too Doon, Scientific Advisers Say View the latest post Replies 1 Views 38
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:19 pm Put God First - Bible Devotional 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 29
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 9:07 pm Fresh Devotional Christianity Works View the latest post Replies 1 Views 37
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 8:55 pm 'The Way' With Kevin Pauley 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 32
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 8:41 pm Daily Light On The Daily Path 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 39
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 8:12 pm Abide In Christ Devotional 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 31
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 7:52 pm Daily Christian Quote 30th May 2020 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 32
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 7:38 pm M 5.6 - 70 km SSW of Kushiro, Japan View the latest post Replies 1 Views 36
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 7:28 pm George Floyd Death: Minnesota Governor Decries Violent Protests View the latest post Replies 1 Views 30
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 5:57 pm Coronavirus: India To Loosen Lockdown Fespite Record Vases View the latest post Replies 1 Views 44
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Coronavirus: Italy's Tower Of Pisa Reopens After Three Months Shut View the latest post Replies 1 Views 46
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 5:34 pm Coronavirus: Denmark To Allow Some Foreign Visitors From Next Nonth - But Sweden Excluded View the latest post Replies 1 Views 34
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm Coronavirus: British Pilot With COVID-19 In Vietnam Wakes From Coma But Needs Lifesaving Lung Transplant View the latest post Replies 1 Views 59
- by Kefa Sat May 30, 2020 3:47 pm Protests Over George Floyd's Death Spread Nationwide View the latest post Replies 1 Views 33
Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty
Come and be part of our forum family and support fellow belivers in their daily walk with G-d
To register Click Here
- Posts: 35543
- Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:00 am
- bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE
- REAL NAME: Pete
What is Theology?
Theology at its most basic level is what we say, what we think and feel about God. And the word "theology," itself is made up of the Greek words for God, "Theos" and the Greek word "Logos," which means wisdom, thought or the spoken and written word. So at its most basic level theology is the study of God. And what's interesting about this is all people, "do theology," even the atheist gets theological, when they speak negatively to God or speak negatively about God to others. The important thing to keep in mind, is that theology is not just how and what we think about God, but also how we talk about God as well. In other words, how we express those ideas and thoughts about God. And as Christians, this means we can only "do theology," by faith, and why is that? Because the Bible tells us that salvation is by faith alone in Jesus alone, and that without faith the things of God cannot be discerned.
Dear child of God, this is a critical point for the Christian. Because it's the Holy Spirit who illuminates our understanding of scripture based on who Jesus is and what He alone has done for us. And since we can only receive the Holy Spirit by faith, because it is He who first does a work in our hearts, in order that we could understand the Gospel message and accept Jesus by faith. Therefore, without faith, it's not possible to accurately study the word of God, which is the Bible. The study of Theology also includes a number of sub-disciplines (including, for example, biblical theology, historical theology, and natural theology). And for us Systematic Theology is about looking at the broader categories including the Bible, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, angels, humanity and our sin nature, salvation, the church and the future or last things.
Theology is about understanding Biblical truth and Biblical truth is the basis for Christian living. The Bible, which we call God's word, along with our faith in Jesus is the foundation upon which the Christian walks. Therefore, how we approach our study of theology is also critically important, because if affects not only what we learn, but how we apply what we learn to our day-to-day lives. It also affects our ability to understand and teach others sound doctrine, in order that they too can grow in their faith and knowledge of Jesus and God's word. This means in order to do theology correctly, we must apply it to our own lives and help others apply it to their lives. God desires to use theology (biblical truth) to transform us into godly people. People who shine as the light of Christ to the fallen world around them.
"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:12-14)
"'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'" (Isaiah 55:8-11)
Why We're Here
Our goal is to help Christians grow in their faith and Bible knowledge while helping them to explore and study the meaning of scripture as it relates to the entire Bible taking into context the meaning of the surrounding chapter, book and verses as well as the historical and culture times of the writer, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
Daily Bible Online| Online Bible Tools | Bible Stories | Bible Search | The Bible Unpacked
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.
Psalm 100: 4
"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible
Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible