The organization that calls itself the “World Mission Society Church of God” (WMSCOG) is a sub-Christian cult that began in Korea in 1964 and has since grown into an international religious movement boasting nearly two million members in about 150 countries. In recent years, they have aggressively expanded their proselytizing efforts on American college campuses, on the streets of major U.S. cities and going door-to-door.
Here are some of their central false doctrines:
- There are two eternal divine beings, God the Father and God the Mother, both of whom shared in the work of creation.
- Father, Son, and Spirit are really just different roles played by the same person.
- Their founder, Ahnsahnghong, was God incarnate and fulfilled the second coming of Christ.
- One of their present leaders, Zang Gil-Jah, is “heavenly mother” incarnate.
- One must be baptized by their church and keep all the Old Testament feasts to be saved.
As this false religion grows, it is important that Christians be aware of its false teachings. We also must be equipped to engage its members with the true gospel. To learn more about the WMSCOG and how to respond to them biblically, check out our introduction and overview HERE and related detailed articles HERE.