Today's Scripture

fqhM2.gif

COViD-19

• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
The Lighthouse Christian Forum needs YOU, yes YOU, we are looking for new members to take part in this interactive and supportive forum - Unlike many Christian forums we do not spend time debating doctrines etc but exist to give believers in Yeshua (Jesus) a safe haven to share fellowship and intercede for each other. We publish devotionals daily and you are welcome to add your insights on these (Even as a guest) though posts made by non members are subject to approval before appearing on the forum. We also publish current affairs new stories in order that we can pray for the world in which we live

Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty

Come and be part of our forum family and support fellow belivers in their daily walk with G-d

To register Click Here

Psalm 141 An Evening Prayer

Kefa
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

Psalm 141 An Evening Prayer

Post by Kefa »

Psalm 141

LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee. Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties. Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet. Our bones are scattered at the grave’s mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth. But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute. Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape. (Psalm 141, KJV)

Psalm 141
An Evening Prayer

David was slandered by enemies,
And censured by saints. So
David waits upon God for confident
Expectation, and cries for acceptance.

Prayer is a man’s only refuge in
Which he can pray for rescue.
A prayer-hearing and answering God
Supports me under every load.

Incense is a symbol of prayer.
It filled the holy place of the
Temple and rose heavenward
As the spirit of prayer rises to God.

We need to pray that we be kept
From evil company and from their
Allures. We need to fix our eyes
On Jesus and walk in holiness.

Because the world is imperfect,
“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author
and perfecter of our faith…Consider him
who endured such opposition.”

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in his wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow
Strangely dim In the light of
Of His glory and grace.

(c) Rex H. Henderson 2003
Link To Devotional
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

Psalm 100: 4

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible

Return to “POETIC REFLECTIONS ON THE PSALMS - REX H. HENDERSON”

fqRVU.gif

Imgzb