Today's Scripture

fqhM2.gif

COViD-19

• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
The Lighthouse Christian Forum needs YOU, yes YOU, we are looking for new members to take part in this interactive and supportive forum - Unlike many Christian forums we do not spend time debating doctrines etc but exist to give believers in Yeshua (Jesus) a safe haven to share fellowship and intercede for each other. We publish devotionals daily and you are welcome to add your insights on these (Even as a guest) though posts made by non members are subject to approval before appearing on the forum. We also publish current affairs new stories in order that we can pray for the world in which we live

Registered members have access to hidden forums including Personal Prayer Requests, Personal Topics and Personal Photographs and have the ability to use the Private Message facilty

Come and be part of our forum family and support fellow belivers in their daily walk with G-d

To register Click Here

Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook" 30th June 2020

Kefa
bible translation: COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE

Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook" 30th June 2020

Post by Kefa »

Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook"
for June 30

Back, Then Forward

"Nevertheless I will remember My Covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an Everlasting Covenant." Ezekiel 16:60

Notwithstanding our sins, the LORD is still faithful in His love to us. He looks back. See how He remembers those early days of ours when He took us into covenant with Himself, and we gave ourselves over to Him. Happy days those! The LORD does not twit us with them and charge us with being insincere. No, He looks rather to His covenant with us than to our covenant with Him. There was no hypocrisy in that sacred compact, on His part, at any rate. How gracious is the LORD thus to look back in love!

He looks forward also. He is resolved that the covenant shall not fail. If I do not stand to it, He does. He solemnly declares, "I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant." He has no mind to draw back from His promises. Blessed be His name. He sees the sacred seal, "the blood of the everlasting covenant," and He remembers our Surety, in whom He ratified that covenant, even His own dear Son; and therefore He rests in His covenant engagements. "He abideth faithful; he cannot deny himself."

O LORD, lay this precious word upon my heart and help me to feed upon it all this day!

Copyright Statement
These files are public domain.
Thigibh a nis le buidheachas
n a gheataibh-san a steach,
Is thigibh fòs le maladh mòr
an cùirtibh naomh a theach :
Is thugaibh dha mòr-bhuidheachas,
ainm beannaichibh gu binn.

Psalm 100: 4

"Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep's clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7: 15-16 Complete Jewish Bible

Dear friends, don't trust every spirit. On the contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.1 John 4:1 Complete Jewish Bible

Return to “CHARLES H. SPURGEON DAILY DEVOTIONALS”

fqRVU.gif

Imgzb